Plat du Jour includes six, four course menus, and SO MUCH MORE! There is a section of Fundamentals which gives you the basic building blocks of French cuisine, helps you organize yourself in the kitchen, gives you tricks and tips. Fundamentals will become your best friend as you go there over and over and soon, without realizing it, become an expert. There is also a section of Appetizers, each of which goes with a menu. But you can get creative and serve appetizers as you like or even, like the French, make them all for an “apero-dinatoire,” a dinner of appetizers. Plat du Jour is your platform, to use as best fits your taste and style.
With the Plat du Jour menus, you can easily and with a glance plan your week in food the way you want to, taking into account who is coming to dinner, what you have time for, what YOU want to prepare and savor. This flexibility allows you to create a near-endless selection of menus, for your pleasure, and for any occasion.
Plat du Jour includes:
- Six full menus, four dishes each, all carefully demonstrated and explained from start to finish
- A selection of appetizers which will appeal to everyone because each is its own universe of flavor.
- Cheese and wine suggestions for each menu.
- A library of Fundamental Techniques, and basic recipes which you will use in the menus, and that you can use on their own as well. These are designed to provide you with a repertoire of recipes and secrets that will make all your cooking better, your techniques more sure. And we will continually add new fundamentals as time goes on. The Fundamental videos include everything from making a fabulous béchamel to putting an edge on your knives to keep them sliding-sharp.
- Printable recipes for each dish, and six beautiful, printable menus to offer to your guests.